Biyernes, Oktubre 11, 2013

CNM: Mowelfund Tour






Last September 27, our block (and some other blocks) were given the chance to visit Philippines' very own Mowelfund or the Movie Workers Welfare Foundation, which is obviously an organization for the benefits of those who work in the film industry in our country.

Our guest speaker was none other than Mowelfund's current president, veteran actress Boots Anson-Roa. She gave us a talk on how Mowelfund works, what are it's basics, and every information we need to know about said organization.

She told us that being in the film industry, most especially if you are only backstage, is hard work. She said that while being in the spotlight is very hard, it is also fulfilling once you did a job well done. She also gave us a brief description of the happenings inside when there are cameras rolling and actors/actresses acting. I found out that Mowelfund was actually founded by Joseph Estrada aka "Erap", and that he was the one who started this way back. Their organization provides benefits for the workers of Philippine film industry, including their hospital expenses, death benefits, and so on. Also, they get their funds from MMFF or the Metro Manila Film Festival, yearly. They also have some sorts of fundraising for other purposes.

Now, going back to Mowelfund itself, when I first entered the building, I was really fascinated which is why I forgot to take pictures myself (I did pose for my friends' cameras; but I never remembered taking from my own). Ms. Anson-Roa mentioned that a lot of costumes and props that were used in films and TV shows before are stored and preserved in Mowelfund, and I did see it.

I also saw (and even held) some of the equipments that they use way back, when technology was still undergoing process. The clappers, the heavy and old video cameras; they were all fascinating, to think that they were used before, and in comparison to what we use in films right now... Kudos to them for making Cinema a good work, even before advanced technology.

In a way, it's like I timetravelled way back. I saw before my very eyes, the transition of the history of the Philippine Cinema. Most of it are old photos of the then actors and actresses of the times, e.g Boots Anson-Roa, Amalia Fuentes, Eddie Garcia, Alma Moreno, Gloria Romero, Susan Roces, and so on.

I saw the costumes that famous actors/actresses wore as their character suits before, like Vilma Santos' famous Darna bra costume, FPJ's Panday sword, and other costumes and props.

Lastly, outside there is a sort of Hall of Fame, wherein current TV stars have their own life-sized stands, where you can take pictures.

Mowelfund tour was probably the highlight of my September; I learned a lot, even just by looking and reading, and of course who wouldnt miss a chance to see the Boots Anson-Roa like, 2 feet away from you? It was a huge privilege to be there.




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento